Britain & Ireland Explorer - Small Group, 2021
Britain & Ireland Explorer – Small Group, 2021
The leisurely pace and beauty of the Irish countryside blends with historic English towns, Welsh hospitality and the austere Scottish Highlands, for a truly memorable exploration of the British Isles.
- Dublin: Before it opens to the public, visit the Guinness Storehouse to learn about Ireland’s national drink. Experience a private masterclass and learn to pour the perfect pint.
- York: In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner and the chance to get to know your fellow travellers.
- Loch Lomond: Enjoy a light lunch and admire the oak woodlands and incredible scenery as you cruise one of Scotland’s most beautiful lochs, a favourite nature spot of the local’s.
- Chester: Enjoy a delightful Farm-to-Table dinner at a local restaurant.
- Killarney: Choose from a fine selection of local restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Waterford: Celebrate the culmination of your escorted journey with wine, good cheer and palate-pleasing cuisine.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B), 3 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Killarney: Choose between a memorable ride on a horse-drawn jaunting car with the local jarveys or alternatively, join a gentle hike with a Local Expert along the lake shore and past the grounds of Ross Castle, admiring the incredible scenery of the National Park.
- Blarney: Choose between a visit to Blarney Castle where you will see the famous Stone of Eloquence. Alternatively, visit the lush gardens of the estate with a senior gardener.
- Kildare: Join a working member of the famous Irish Stud Farm for a private, behind-the-scenes visit of the stud where many legendary racehorses were bred. After, stroll through the finest Japanese gardens in Europe, designed by master horticulturalists, Tassa and Minoru Eida.
- Waterford: Visit Waterford Crystal to learn more about the art of crystal carving that has been practised here since the late 1700s. See master craftsmen utilise traditional cutting and blowing methods at one of the few remaining artisan workshops.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Admire some of the world’s most spectacular scenery as you travel through the Scottish Highlands, past the Grampian Mountains, Spey Valley and Glencoe, along Loch Lomond and Loch Ness, through the English Lake District, Tipperary, Ring of Kerry, Dungarvan, Pembrokeshire, and across Severn Bridge and Salibury Plain.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Learn about the life of William Shakespeare, arguably history’s most famous writer, when you visit his birthplace. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town with its iconic Tudor houses.
- York: Your Travel Director will show you the York Minster, the city walls and the medieval Shambles during you orientation of the city.
- Durham: See the castle and Romanesque cathedral.
- Hadrians Wall: Stop to see part of the ancient wall that once marked the border of the Roman Empire.
- Edinburgh: Your Local Expert walks with you inside the walls of the Edinburgh Castle to view the Scottish Crown Jewels, the Stone of Destiny and Mons Meg.
- St Andrews: Visit the university town where the famous beach scene from ‘Chariots of Fire’ was filmed and see the golf course where the sport was created.
- Pitlochry: Visit this town, famous for its salmon leap.
- Inverness: See the River Ness, Inverness Castle and take in the scenery around you as you hear about the beauty and history behind Inverness.
- Loch Ness: Drive along the shores in search of the legendary monster.
- Grasmere: Learn about the life of the poet William Wordsworth and visit his grave.
- Chester: During you orientation with your Travel Director see the Jubilee Clock, the cathedral, city walls and famous black and white Rows.
- Conwy: See the castle upon the river.
- Holyhead: Set sail for Dublin.
- Dublin: A Local Expert will show you Dublin’s elegant Georgian squares, O’Connell Street and the Custom House.
- Cashel: See the Rock of Cashel where St. Patrick preached.
- Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
- Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lush lakelands and remote villages, as you journey the magical Ring of Kerry.
- Waterford: Explore the town and see Reginald’s Tower and the remains of the city walls.
- Rosslare: Board your ferry to cross the Irish Sea.
- Cardiff: Learn more about Wales’ capital and cultural hub, Cardiff, as you enjoy an orientation of this vibrant city with your Travel Director.
- Bath: Explore the well-preserved Roman Baths with your Travel Director. Once used for public bathing, they are now open for visitors to explore their grounds and onsite museum.
- Stonehenge: Walk around the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths that have reputedly stood for 5,000 years.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where av…
Welcome to London.
Stratford-upon-Avon and Medieval York.
Durham, Hadrian's Wall and Edinburgh
Scotland’s Capital of Culture
St. Andrews and Inverness
Loch Ness and Glencoe
The English Lakes to Chester
North Wales and over to Dublin
In Dublin’s Fair City
From Dublin to Killarney
Ring of Kerry Experience
Blarney Castle and Waterford
Across the Irish Sea to Cardiff
Roman Baths and Stonehenge.