Spain & Portugal in Style - Summer 2020
Spain & Portugal In Style – Summer 2020
Experience the passion, creativity and romance of Spain and Portugal, as you witness fiery flamenco performances, marvel at Gaudi’s dreamy architecture and appreciate enchanting citrus-scented squares. Along the way, take in the diversity of architectural styles – ranging from contemporary to Moorish – and taste some of the region’s most iconic dishes, including paella. We’ll introduce you to local historians, chefs and musicians, as you travel in luxurious comfort and stay in the heart of each spectacular destination.
- Barcelona: Located at the Barcelona Marina, Restuarant Marítim combines seafood, fresh from the local fish market, with traditional Spanish and Catalan flavours, to present a sumptuous meal accompanied with wine.
- Valencia: Tantalise your taste buds as you experience the flavours of traditional Valencian paella for your evening meal.
- Seville: Situated at an elegant restaurant close to your hotel, you’ll enjoy a delicious dinner accompanied by the harmonious tones of a talented classical guitarist.
- Seville: Discover the varied ?avours of Andalusia during a market tour and Spanish cooking experience. Learn the culinary secrets to some of Spain’s most popular dishes and enjoy your own creations for lunch.
- Lisbon: Stimulate your senses with you dinner being hosted in one of the traditional Fado houses of the bohemian Bairro Alto. UNESCO granted Fado World Heritage status, as an urban Lisbon song symbolic of the city and the country.
- Évora: Explore a local winery and learn about their processes and enjoy a delicious wine tasting.
- Madrid: Boasting a contemporary gastro bar and restaurant, the Michelin-starred Albora is known for its distinct flavours and high quality dishes inspired by seasonal ingredients. Oenophiles will delight in the impressive variety of regional wines on offer.
- Dining Summary: 12 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 7 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Barcelona: Enjoy a walk with a Local Expert through the old lanes of the Gothic Quarter. Drive down the elegant Passeig de Gracia to take in some of the city’s daring Modernist architecture.
- Barcelona: Once inside Gaudí’s amazing Sagrada Família, look up at the detailed wonders of his famous architectural masterpiece.
- Peñíscola: See the castle featured in the film ‘El Cid’.
- Valencia: See the ultra-modern city of Arts and Sciences and the huge gates of the old town, Torres de Serranos.
- Granada: Join a Local Expert for a guided exploration of the exquisite Alhambra Palace, complemented by a walk through the scented Generalife gardens.
- Granada: Explore ‘The City of the Pomegranate’ with a Local Expert. During sightseeing you’ll see the icons dedicated to this fruit throughout the city.
- Córdoba: See the 2000-year-old Roman Bridge with your Local Expert and you’ll have time to spend exploring the labyrinthine old Jewish Quarter.
- Córdoba: Explore the amazing Mezquita, walking through its forest of horseshoe-shaped arches and pillars to the Christian cathedral within, led by your Local Expert.
- Seville: Visit the beautiful Plaza de España in Seville’s Louisa Park with your Local Expert. Enjoy a walking tour of the Santa Cruz Quarter, admiring its pretty squares and flower-decked balconies. You’ll emerge by the walls of the Alcazar.
- Seville: Appreciate the city with a romantic horse drawn carriage ride through the streets.
- Seville: Take your seat for an intimate experience where ?amenco guitar and voice is paired with the raw emotion, colour and rhythmic expression of dance.
- Lisbon: With your Local Expert, visit the Belém Quarter, see the Monument to the Discoveries and the Belém Tower.
- Lisbon: Visit the Jerónimos Monastery and cloisters with its beautiful Manueline architecture.
- Évora: Explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site with your Local Expert.
- Mérida: Famous for its Roman ruins, Mérida is full of history and ancient architecture. Marvel at the well-preserved Roman Theatre.
- Madrid: With your Local Expert, see the sights of the capital including the Monument to Colombus in Plaza de Colon, the Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and the Puerta del Sol.
- Madrid: An art historian will provide an in-depth look at Spain’s finest collection of paintings at the Prado Museum.
- Barcelona: The centrally located Ohla Eixample Barcelona is a boutique, five-star hotel with a rooftop that offers incredible views over the city for you to enjoy while relaxing with a drink on the terrace.
- Valencia: The Westin Valencia is perfectly located in the city centre, in a quiet area next to Paseo de la Alameda, with a warm and relaxing atmosphere in American art-deco style.
- Seville: Located in the heart of the city, Seville’s Gran Meliá Colón combines historical features with contemporary touches to create warmth and elegance.
- Lisbon: Situated in Terreiro do Paço, a historic part of the city, the Pousada de Lisboa is a boutique hotel offering elegantly decorated guest rooms in a classic style.
- Barcelona: Enjoy a private guided tour of Barcelona’s Palau de la Musica, an architectural pearl of Catalan modernism, and the only concert hall declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing …
Welcome to Barcelona.
Catalonia’s Creative Capital.
Valencia and the Orange Blossom Coast.
Granada and the Alhambra Palace.
Córdoba and Seville.
Seville, the City of Carmen.
The Flavours of Andalusia.
Across the Alentejo to Lisbon.
Lisbon and the Age of Discoveries.
The Roman Ruins of Mérida and Madrid.
Madrid of the Bourbons.